France is better at...
- Pensions are much higher (2/3 of your last payrol in France on average, compared to 1/3 in Germany)
- Healthcare system: although comparable, in Germant one has to pay out of their own pocketfor healthcare insurance when unemployed. Also, the whole public/private insurances make doctors more business men than heathcare professional sometimes. For example it's easier to get an appointment soon, or go to a doctor never visited before if you are privately insured.
- Worked hours: 40 in Germany by law, vs 35 in France
- Paid vacation: 20 days in Germany by law, vs 25 in France
- Trains: although the SNCF is far from perfect, its trains are by an order of magniture more punctual (1, 2)
Germany is better at...
- Half of December 24, December 26, and half of December 31 are holidays in Germany
- Big cities are much safer
- Cyclists are respected by drivers
- Cycling lanes are found everywhere outside of cities