Every once in a while, people quit companies and start looking for others. They have to go through hiring processes all over again. This is usually time-consuming and not necessarily easy or pleasant.
One of the things that I personally fear the most is forgetting to ask important questions during an interview. Some of them can even be game changers. So here is a list of all the useful ones one might want to ask:
- How many employees? Are they full time/part time workers? Freelancers?
- Are standing desks promoted? Will I be able to get one?
- Open offices or closed offices? Can I switch from one environment to another one easily?
- Remote working allowed? Is it conditional? How often?
- Workstations: PC or Mac? Can I choose? Can I choose the brand and model? OS? Can I choose my OS? IDE most used? Can I choose my IDE?
- Do they do code reviews? How often? What is the process? How do they get code merged?
- Agile methodology?
- How many hours a week?
- Do they track their time? Ticket-based tracking? Jira? Redmine?
- Visual regression testing? Browserstack.com? Unit/functional/integration testing? What tools?
- Languages? Frameworks? Libraries?
- Can we dress as we please? (shorts in Summer?)
Specific questions for French companies
- Épargne salariale ? Prime d'intéressement ou de participation ?
- Mutuelle d'entreprise ? Prix ?
- Y a-t-il un comité d'entreprise ?