Things to do in London
- London Eye
- Big Ben
- Buckingham Palace (go see Changing the Guard)
- Tower Bridge
- The British Museum (it's free!)
- The Shard
- 30 St Mary Axe
- The Walkie-Talkie (aka 20 Fenchurch Street) and most specifically the Sky Garden: check out the opening hours cause walk-in guest access is restricted. Booking in advance is advised (it's free!).
- Camden Town (cool district!)
- Tate Modern (awesome modern art gallery)
- Harrods (luxury department store)
- Platform 9 3/4 and the Harry Potter shop, at King's Cross
- Tower of London (aka Her Majesty's Royal Palace and Fortress of the Tower of London): the Jewel House is truly amazing!
Advice for first-time visitors
- No need to tag off when getting off buses unless you want to get charged twice
- Sometimes, buying an Oyster card is more expensive than a 1-day travelcard (around 12 pounds if my memory serves well). It's a paper ticket that allows you to ride buses, tram and the tube within the London travel zones, anytime after 9:30am Mondays to Fridays and all day on weekends.